A lot of people have heard of carbon monoxide (CO) and know it’s dangerous, But that’s as far as it goes. CO is an invisible, silent and odourless toxic gas, often referred to as the “silent killer”.
WHERE DOES CO COME FROM?
Improperly operating natural gas appliances including:
- Hot water heater
- Gas and diesel vehicles
- Gas-powered machines
- Wood-burning fireplaces
PREVENT CO IN YOUR HOME BY:
- Have your fuel-burning appliances checked by a qualified technician regularly according to manufacturers’ specifications
- Install and regularly test your CO alarm
CO ALARM GIVEAWAY
November 1 – 7 is Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week. During this week, we are giving away CO alarms to Albertans. All you have to do is fill out this form for your chance to receive a CO alarm.
There are a few rules though:
GET THIS DEAL HERE
- Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery from the date the giveaway ended
- Limit of one CO alarm available per mailing address
- The address must be in ATCO’s natural gas service area
- Quantities limited
- The CO alarm must be accepted as is
- ATCO is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen products